Free childcare for eligible 2 year old provides up to 15 hours per week during term time or as a stretched offer for 12 hours per week over 48 weeks per yea
Families will qualify for free childcare for their 2 year old if they meet any of the below criteria:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income not exceeding £16,190
- Child is looked after by the local authority
- Child has a statement of special educational needs/ an education, health and care plan or who attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Child left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangement order or adoption order
An application form must be completed and submitted to the Early Years Entitlement team by a parent directly or by a professional working with the family (e.g. Health Visitor, Nursery Manager, Family Support Worker, Social Worker). Complete an Early Years Entitlement for 2 Year Olds – Application Form or call for a paper form 0800 195 1635.
Funded places are confirmed on an individual basis directly with the parent/carer detailed on the application. Children become eligible for the 2 Year Old entitlement from the term after their second birthday. Eligibility continues until the end of the school term in which the child turns 3 years, this ensures a seamless transition to the free Early Years Entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds.